5 great tips for writing a photo memoir
1. Choosing photographsGet out the photo albums. Sort throught the photos and choose the best ones.
2. Get someone to help youOne of the problems that all writers face is self-doubt. Is this interesting enough? What should I include? If you have someone to help you, then they can provide spontanous and honest openions about which photos and stories are the most interesting.
3. Enjoy writing your memoirDon't worry about what people will think. Write your memoirs for yourself and your family and friends. They will love your stories down to the smallest detail without being judgemental, so just have fun and enjoy yourself.
4. Don't include too muchA memoir is not the same as an autobiography. A memoir is a slice of life not your whole life. Focus on the highlights and the events that you feel are important you and that affected your life the most.
5. Don't try too hardBy this I mean don't try to be a fiction writer. A memoir is not a novel, so don't embellish the writing or overdramatize the facts. Be honest and truthful and focus on describing your own memories and feelings to the best of your ability.
These tips are by Peter Williams, co-founder of Photomemoirs.co and co-author of the Stepbac series of books.
PhotoMemoirs.co is a simple and fun way to write and publish a memoir
How Photomemoirs works
Why write your memoirs?
How to write a memoir
Why choose Photomemoirs
This website is by www.photomemoirs.co, The Memoir Specialist and is full of tips and help to help you write and publish a memoir using the Photomemoirs method. We can also help you publish an already written memoir. This website is by www.photomemoirs.co, The Memoir Specialists, and is full of tips and help to help you write and publish a memoir using the Photomemoirs method. We can also help you publish an already written memoir.
© Copyright Photomemoirs.co
Do not copy from this page without permission.
All rights reserved